CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Garlicky Pasta with Tomatoes & Basil


My grandpa was an Italian cook.  I'm not sure how much of his cooking skills I inherited, but one thing I have heard is that he was a big fan of garlic.  According to him, you can never have too much of it.  This recipe calls for 3 cloves per recipe, and since I doubled it, that would mean 6.  But, I listened to my inner-Italian and decided to add a few more cloves- just for good measure!  The result was not disappointing; my whole family loved this.  My mom said that it was good enough to be served at a restaurant.  It is a light and healthy dish that calls for a lot of tomatoes but it has an intense, explosive flavor! Yum yum yum!!









Garlicky Pasta with Tomatoes and Basil
from MyRecipes.com
Yield: 6 (1 1/3 c.) servings 

3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced (can add a couple more if you like a good garlic flavor)
5 cups chopped plum (Roma) tomatoes (about 2 pounds)
6 cups hot cooked bowtie pasta (about 12 ounces uncooked pasta)
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil or 2 Tbsp. dried basil
1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper 

Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add chopped tomatoes; cook for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Add pasta, basil, cheese, salt, and pepper, tossing gently to combine.

0 nibbles:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...