CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 26, 2011

Chicken & Veggie Stir-Fry


I am seriously head-over-heels for Fall! It makes me so happy and if I had all the time in the world, I would spend a lot more of it in the kitchen making yummy fall treats and delicious food.  Oh, and it would all be calorie-free in my perfect world! ;)

There are so many yummy treats that I have bookmarked to make this fall/October/Halloween and I have no idea how I will find the time to make them all! But alas... I will do it! I have already made a couple DELICIOUS fall treats that I will post soon.  Seriously amazing... one has to do with pumpkin and the other has to do with apple.... shhh!

Anyway,  I absolutely LOVE this chicken and veggie stir-fry recipe for many reasons.

1. It is incredibly easy.
2. It is incredibly versatile.  You can add pretty much any veggies that you want.
3. It is incredibly delicious! My husband and I really, really enjoy this.
4. It is healthy! Lean protein matched with a plethora of vegetables and served over rice (to make it even healthier, use whole grain, brown rice- that's what I did and it was awesome.)

Perfect family meal for a busy weeknight!

Chicken & Vegetable Stir-Fry
recipe and photo from iheartnaptime.net

1 lb. chicken cut into strips
1/2 onion cut into strips
1-2 carrots cut into slices
1 red and yellow bell pepper
1 8 oz. can mushrooms
1 head broccoli
1-2 stalks celery, sliced
1 1/2 cups Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce (iheartnaptime recommends Yoshida's Gourmet Sauce but I used Safeway brand teriyaki sauce and it was fine)
Any extra veggies you want to add
1 cup rice

Heat a little olive oil in large Wok or frying pan.  Place chicken and all prepared veggies pan and cook over medium heat.  After a couple of minutes, pour sauce in and cook for 10-15 minutes over medium heat until chicken is done.  Serve over rice.

0 nibbles:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...