CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Cheddar and Green Onion Biscuit Poppers


If there's one type of food that I love, it's bread.  I can eat it any way, in any form, in any flavor, at any meal.  I LOVE it! There would be NO way I could ever do a low-carb diet... anyway, these biscuit poppers are so easy and so quick to make.  They would be a perfect compliment to a Mexican-themed dinner, or alongside your breakfast egg scramble.  Or heck, just scarf em down for dessert.  See? I told you I love bread.


Cheddar and Green Onion Biscuit Poppers
Adapted from Betty Crocker

2 cups Original Bisquick® mix (or Bisquick Heart Smart mix)
2/3 cup fat-free or low-fat milk
1/2 cup shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
  1. 1 Heat oven to 450°. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Stir Bisquick mix, milk, cheese and onions until soft dough forms.
  2. 2 Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls (or a little larger if you want them to be more of a standard biscuit size) onto cookie sheet.
  3. 3 Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until golden brown. Brush butter over warm biscuits. (Note: I did not follow this step- I left out the butter and I was perfectly okay with it) Serve with salsa if desired

0 nibbles:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...