CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas


Yeah, the white stuff is sour cream.  Sorry for its lack of beauty (sour cream in the oven never makes for a pretty presentation- see my Deep-Dish Taco Squares) but it sure rubs ya right when you take a bite!  

Okay i KNOW this recipe is not the most thigh-friendly (I'm still working on finding a a guilt-free enchilada recipe), but I did have an excuse to make it.

A) It was Fast Sunday.
B) My family was coming over for dinner!  Forrest and I were in charge of making dinner and dessert. (I made the cheesecake for dessert that I posted about earlier this week)
C) It is my mother-in-law's recipe who is a FABULOUS cook.  She gave me a cookbook with Pratt family recipes in it for my bridal shower and I am so excited about it.

Therefore, I was completely justified in making a delicious, cheesy, fatty, delectable Mexican dish!



Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
from Terry Pratt

12 corn or flour tortillas
3 cups chopped chicken breasts (cooked)
1/4 c. minced onion
1 pt. sour cream
4 cups green chili sauce*** (see below)
1 lb. jack cheese, grated
salt to taste

Heat tortillas on griddle with a little oil.  Blot.
Mix 1 cup chili sauce with chicken.  Put 1/4 cup chicken mixture on tortilla and roll up.
Place on oblong baking dish (sprayed with Pam) and cover with grated cheese.
Add remaining chili sauce on top.
Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.  Remove from oven and smother sour cream over top and return to oven for 10 minutes.  

Serves 6.

**Green Chili Sauce

1/4 cup salad oil or olive oil
1/2 cup minced onion
1 cup water
salt to taste
clove of garlic or powder
1Tbsp. flour
1 cup diced green chilies

Saute garlic and onion in heavy saucepan.  
Blend in flour with wooden spoon.
Add water, oil and green chilies.  Bring to a boil.  
Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.

YUM!

0 nibbles:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...