CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Supernatural Brownies

"Supernatural," huh? Like the song by Katy Perry? Look, I didn't come up with the name.  I just found and followed the recipe.  Here- there are lots of fun brownie recipes. 


If I were to be completely honest though.. and I always am of course... these were the first homemade brownies I've ever made.  Ever.  

Shocked? So am I... I honestly have no idea how that has happened! I think my love for baking all types of homemade cookies just left no room for any brownie making...


But let me tell you, that I will NEVER go without making homemade brownies again.  These were amazing! Especially after they cooled. Even more especially the next day after sitting in the fridge! Pretty supernatural, if you ask me.



Supernatural Brownies
2 sticks (1/2 pound) unsalted butter
8 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
4 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
One 13x9x2-inch pan, buttered and lined with buttered parchment or foil

1. Set the rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
2. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil and turn off heat. Combine butter and chocolate in a heat proof bowl and set over pan of water. Stir occasionally until melted.
3. Whisk eggs together in a large bowl, then whisk in the salt, sugars, and vanilla. Stir in the chocolate and butter mixture, then fold in the flour.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for about 45 minutes, until top has formed a shiny crust and batter is moderately firm. Cool in pan on a rack. Wrap pan in plastic wrap and keep at room temperature or refrigerated until the next day.
5. To cut brownies, unmold onto a cutting board, remove paper, and replace with another cutting board. Turn cake right side up and trim away edges. Cut brownies into 2-inch squares.

2 nibbles:

thehealthyapron

Oh yum! It took me awhile to get a homjemade brownie to turn out like the boxed variety. I think the key is under=baking them slightly so they have that fudgey gooeyness! These look incredible! Thanks for making me hungry! ha

Emily

The brownies look amazing! I want one right now...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...